View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #182
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Last week was the first week (this year) that I've been able to meet/exceed my daily word goal of 1000 words/day. Mostly I've been in the low to mid 100's words/day. I'm hoping I can keep it up. I know it was helped by my push to finish up Growing Up Stories and it may slow as I approach the finalization of that collection, which is certainly looking more promising at the moment.

It also encourages me to believe that if I were working on longer writings it might be easier to make that Stephen King goal of 2000/day.

At this point I've got almost 40k words for this collection of non-fiction stories. I plan to do some organizing work as well as beginning to pull the book itself together from the pieced today/this week. I need to make decisions about the ordering of the 'chapters' and a few other things. I need to work on/find an appropriate cover image.

Once I have an initial ordering of the stories I'll be able to go through and do an edit for flow/consistency/etc.

It's getting there.