View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #1497
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
From time to time, the "similar words" view doesn't work when the dictionary tool is embedded: Selecting a word from the text will show the "best" match's meaning, but when switching to "similar words" I get nothing (instead of a list). In these situations, I have to use the "D" button to switch to the full dictionary tool, where the "similar words" view will work as expected.
I had a look at the code on https://github.com/onyx-intl/booxsdk. (Whether the dictionary tool included with 1.8 20130717 is actually based on this code, is unclear!) I suspect the error in "code/src/dictionary/dict_widget.cpp", namely in "DictWidget::updateSimilarWordsModel".

Further scrutiny now revealed, that the error only occurs for words whose dictionary entry differs from the actually selected expression. For those words, a "fuzzy word" search is executed and those "fuzzy words" don't produce anything in the "similar words" view. Strangely enough, this functionality should be already included by this commit: https://github.com/onyx-intl/booxsdk...a5665474f27da1

Booxtor: Is the source code in "booxsdk" github repository the actual source code of the dictionary tool as we see it in the most recent firmware version?

EDIT, 2013/08/18 20:30: I tried compiling the code from the github repo, but it didn't change anything. Maybe the "dict_tool" binary only refers to the standalone dictionary tool and the dictionary widget is included via some library that is statically included in the reader software.
I'm pretty sure this error could be resolved easily if the reader source code was open. I hope, they will at least bring a fix soon.

Last edited by tuxor; 08-18-2013 at 03:50 PM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote