View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #34
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
If you're using Word correctly, you should only have to mess with headers, footers, page numbers, and things like that once, when you set up your document. If you're constantly having to mess with them, you're doing something wrong. I'd have to see the file to figure out what. I'm no Word expert, although I know people who are, and I'm pretty good with working with it.

The key is to not impose formatting, but to use styles to define your formats. It's a bit tricksey until you get used to it, but Word styles are a big part of its power.

Becca:

Indeed. I asked the OP why she was having those issues, looking to assist somewhat, in my first post on this thread, but never received any reply. Word's built-in styles and outlining feature are pretty much everything.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote