View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #23
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
The >6 inch device would be one of the fringe cases worth arguing over, unless it was so much over six that it was just a 7" tablet.
One rumor has it as 6.3 inches. So is it phablet or tablet?

Quote:
As for the report, I really could not, from my cursory reading, understand WHAT the point was.
Since it's an analysts report, I think it's meant to primarily give guidance to investors. The point being the area of biggest growth will be in the 5" - 6" range or thereabouts. The definitions are less important than the overall conclusions.

Quote:
They mention they exclude iPhone, but I am not clear on why.
Barclays' analysts in this report don't exclude the iPhone 5.

Quote:
For myself, until we have folding screens, even the 5" Note seems ridiculously large to carry as the primary personal communicator that phones have become ... I think "phablets" serve a niche market of folks who will always carry such a large device, but won't also carry a second much smaller device. Certainly not a game changer, as the report seems to suggest.
To each his own. But I agree with the report that the overwhelming trend is toward a bigger screen. A device that can do it all.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote