View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #145
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Wouldn't mind the billionaire part, but women definitely can be too thin.

At first I wanted to jump up and down and holler, "Don't you guys try and tell me about women!" Upon further reflection though, I realized that what I know about women which could take up a small city's library space is dwarfed by what I don't know about women, which would approach the Smithsonian's size for storage.

Further, remember the statement was by a woman, not a man.

Anyway, the real question here is whether tablets and phones and laptops can be too thin when they only have 3 to 10 hours of real usable battery life? And please don't add in so called standby.
I think that too much emphasis has been made on thin, and I think Apple is the main driver of that. Also Apple is the main beneficiary of this false "virtue."

I would like to see all devices with 24 solid hours of batter life. That would be three 8 hour days. If you look at the size of the battery in these devices, you realize that by adding 5 to 10mm to total thickness, you could achieve that.

I am ok with that.

Last edited by SeaKing; 12-29-2012 at 07:50 AM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote