View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #713
adi23
adi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to beholdadi23 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle touch KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I'm not familiar with the mfg* stuff (I try to avoid Windows as much as I can), so I don't know what the command-line tools you mentioned mean.

Essentially, mfgtool comes with a GUI to load and start stuff on a Kindle which is in USB downloader mode, and it includes 3 custom u-boot images (fastboot, diags, main). imx_usb_loader does the same, but through a command line. I obviously prefer the latter, because it "just works" on Linux, no need for Windows, no need for Windows driver hell.

But if I'm correct, and your device works in USB downloader mode, both should do the job of getting your device into fastboot mode, from where you can follow the "normal" debricking procedure. So use whichever OS/tool you prefer
I have already tryed with MfgTool to fastboot but it's stuck on waiting device.
The reason it's that fastboot is included in bist U-Boot, and cannot be started because it's missing (tryed in U-Boot command to run bist and nothing happened). As Eureka suggested to load fastboot in U-boot binary should work (at least in theory ). By running fastboot in MfgConfig, the fastboot still need to be loaded by U-boot bist.
adi23 is offline   Reply With Quote