View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 02:56 AM   #26
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I owned a PalmPilot Tungsten and installed a reading app, but it was impossible to read outdoors on it and I couldn't get new publications, all I could find was PD. Then I saw an ad for the Kindle but thought it waaay overpriced, so although it hurt I decided against buying one. A year or so later the Kindle 2 was reduced in price and I was flush in funds so I bought one, two weeks later the Kindle 3 was released, hence the earlier price reduction, and I exchanged my K2 for the newer model. The K2 had 3G and I still remember walking down the road on my way to catch a bus and downloading a new book to read during my ride.
For someone not living in the English speaking world, yet reading a lot of books in English this device was like a miracle, suddenly I had access to all kinds of books (before I found out about geo-restrictions) and instantly. I used to wait for two weeks before the packages from Amazon arrived and then I would have to pay customs and sales tax on top of Amazon's price. Books are nos 30 % of what total costs used to be, so I read massive more amounts than I could afford to do before.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote