View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 04:36 AM   #17
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
Well I bought the reader from you, I was one of the first that pre-ordered. I don't know what Software version it's got at the moment and I can't check it, but I did remember updating it when I got it back in April.

Will opening up the reader void the warranty?
Don't worry about warranty. If you just follow instructions here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178058
you can't do a lot of mistakes. Removing of battery is as easy as removing of battery of a smartphone. The battery is additionaly fixed by a doublesided adhesive tape. Just be careful and try to don't touch the PCB.

To send just the battery has a lot of advantages:
1. Shipping is cheap
2. Shipping is Fast (as Airmail just 3-4 days)
3. No need for custom clearance (save additional 5-10 days)

Please write in our contact form a message and I will send a replacement battery to you immediately.

Of a few thousand distributed devices we had to deal with case like your just a couple of times. Actually I had also to deal with same problem with my first ereader Sony PRS505 too. The old battery died after complete discharge.

For customer, who has got a problem with our products:
1. Before start a complaint in forum, Please, first contact our customer service - we are usually reacting immediately and could always help. We just can't monitor all threads in all forums and permanently look for users who got problems.
2. Please don't hesitate to upgrade the software regularly. Updates really prevents in a lot of cases problems like yours. The software is like a child - it needs some time to grow and become mature.

Last edited by Booxtor; 09-05-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote