View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #92
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Well, you're just making up numbers like anybody else. You can't deduce from the price difference between the N7 and the Sammy tab that the $50 are for the SD card. For starters, you don't know the BOM of any of those devices, and how much profit the manufacturer is making. Your $50 figure is way too high; $2 may be too low, but with $50 you are way over the top - that'd be comparable, if not more expensive, than the LCD screen.
Glad to have you backing me up afv011. I got to get you a rotor or at least a beanie with a propeller so you can ride along side me.

Remember I do still have a little tech in my blood from the old days, and while I don't work in that area, I do occasionally peruse those guys who break down the costs of building these machines. You know the ones who tell you a Kindle Fire actually costs $185 or so, and an $499 iPad costs about $250. There are places where they show the "build lists" of components and the cost of assembling same.

Now as far as what things cost in the store, I would recommend the $50 guy to go look in an electronics catalog or Amazon or a Best Buy and see what kind of hardware his $50 can buy and compare that to an SD slot. Donald Trump would say "unbelievable!"
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote