View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #679
seabream
Enthusiast
seabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheeseseabream can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1, RIM Playbook & Z10, Samsung Note, MacOSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by trianglekitty View Post
Also, just as a suggestion...it would be useful to have a way to select what metadata is updated. If I'm messed around and changed some things in custom columns that are filled with metadata automatically, I might not want all of the column to be overwritten if I do an update.
@trianglekitty I can't help with the first part, but for the second, I think that you can maybe do that depending on what you’re going for, though it might be tedious if your needs change significantly from fic to fic. In the Basic tab of the FFDL configuration menu, there's a checkbox for “Keep Existing Tags when Updating Metadata” which you should check, then in your personal.ini under [defaults], do what’s described in post #635 in this thread (page #43) and put “include_subject_tags: extratags, genre, category, status, characters” etc… omitting the ones that you don’t want to be overwritten from or added to. Whether this works depends on which custom columns you’re dealing with though. Like if you have a Relationships column, or Fandom column (as I do) that populates from tags or taglike data, it should work. I don’t think that it’ll work for a custom column populated from AuthorID or other non-tag metadata because I don't have AuthorID in the list on mine, and it still populates (which is fine with me). I'm not sure exactly which bits of metadata are tags or not. I think I may have read a list somewhere in the documentation, but I haven't got it memorised.