View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 08:59 AM   #38
sanders
Connoisseur
sanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-bookssanders has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by msundman View Post
Is that supposed to be funny?
No. It was a stab at "armchair experts" going off on a forum explaining how a company is doing something all wrong.

Quote:
I don't think partial updates should be implemented in software distributed to app devs. As I already wrote in #32, which you should have read before replying, I thought the new controller implemented higher level stuff such as menus. The partial update stuff should have been in the controller from the beginning.
In #24, you quoted my "It would be very beneficial if the controller supported arbitrary sub-area refreshes, and a few of those areas in parallel perhaps. [...] Perhaps some of the functionality is already in the current hardware." and replied "And my point was that of course those features are beneficial, but they should be implemented in software first (and that they should have been implemented in software years ago).".

Quote:
I doubt it. If that really is the case then saying it will "perform up to 16 tasks in parallel" would be extremely misleading.
We both know how a technical document can get mangled by marketing people before it's released. Do you remember those Intel ads where HyperThreading CPUs made it possible to read email and check for viruses "at the same time"? They're technically right, but no user would every notice the difference.
sanders is offline   Reply With Quote