View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
An ePub file is just a zipped HTML book with some special control files added. Since the Sony knows there is a character there it must be present in the ePub file at that point. You could therefore use the 'Tweak Epub facility in Calibre to get at the HTML inside the ePub to examine (and possibly correct) the issue.
Thanks for replying.

You and HarryT both mentioned the HTML.
I have this book in HTML format as well. The .rar archive contained only 3 files:
book.html
book.ncx
book.opf

I have looked at the .html file, and the example word I keep using ("I've")
appears right in the raw html as "Ive". There's _no_ characters at all between the "I" and the "v".
It appears the problem lies either in a tag somewhere in the .html file, or with the .ncx or .opf file, neither of which I am familiar with.
I'd love to be able to edit this, but I'm at a loss what to look for.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote