View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #15
rflashman
Zealot
rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Archos 605 Wifi, & Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Why do you think they did the review?
Exactly, I agree 100%. Don't get me wrong, I love my Kindle and I love the New York Times. But I don't see the Miami Herald, Washington Post, or Chicago Tribune writing 3+ glowing positive reviews on the Kindle.

The New York Times has 60+ staffed department for their Electronic editions who for years have produced Flash-based, fat-client based, and PDF versions of their paper. More recently they have been producing the Vista Reader edition. So it was *their* choice not to produce versions for any previous electronic reader. They could have offered a version for the Sony Reader or any other reader of their choice.

But they instead choose the Kindle as their first and ONLY supported eReader and now are writing positive review after positive review promoting it. Again, I love my Kindle and the Times. But it sure makes me feel bad about how low the NYT has fallen.
rflashman is offline   Reply With Quote