View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #15
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmm View Post
it's 1000+ page biannual income-tax guide book, would post some samples but it's copyrighted.
1000+ pages... brutal. Hopefully you are working right from the source though? That makes things a million times easier.

My job involves mostly working from the dreaded PDF scans. Whenever I get to work right from the original InDesign files/Word Documents it is like music to my eyes.

This EPUB of "The Economics of Inflation: A Study of Currency Depreciation in Post-War Germany" by Constantino Bresciani-Turroni was 464 pages of pure....... "fun".

I am telling you, the Typesetter/Publisher in 1937/1968 decided, "let us pick the WORST POSSIBLE everything to make Tex2002ans's conversion hell".

Hopefully my sacrifice is worth it though, I do this conversion once, and create a nearly 100% accurate conversion of the text. This EPUB/XHTML version will then be released for free online, for anyone to read/search/copy/paste/influence/learn from in the far future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmm View Post
good to hear that you found a solution though!
Thank you, hopefully others can use this as well.

Over the coming days, I will have to test this + the two line solution, and have to see how all of these look on the Kindle versions as well, and/or how gracefully it fails (if float is not available).

I will be sure to report any updates here.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote