View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
Are you talking about something like Geronimo Stilton books?

http://geronimostilton.com/upload/as...274/3328-2.jpg

I have seen milder examples used in novels (for adults), but found it a bit obnoxious. One of the big issues is that every author does things differently since there are very few conventions on the use of styled text within the body of the text.
Reminds me of the early days of Desktop Publishing when every single handbill and lost puppy notice used 15 different fonts. Eventually the bleeding eyeball effect had people raising posses to tar and feather the culprits and the practice was stamped out.

(That is, the novety wore off and people settled down to the lesser practice of using Comic Sans for everything.)

I guess we'll be repeating that phase in ebooks...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote