View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 05:58 AM   #20
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That has nothing to do with your code, it is an illustration of how css inheritance works and why it is not, in general, a safe operation to add a text-indent:0.
Sorry Kovid, my post was not very clearly defined.

The first part of the post was more directed at starrigger, showing him a different example of CSS inheritance.

I guess the second part was more a general comment that it's not just self created word/html files that have problems with centred indents, and that CSS inheritance isn't always the cause either.

I have to say that centre text with indents is one of my pet peeves, and have long wished there was a way to correct this automatically, either during conversion, or after the fact.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote