Thread: K-Tizen
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyoxi View Post
I'm still not too comfortable with that `let's all use html/js to build apps' idea that is pushing through lately, but as far as MER is concerned I find it really interesting.
Agreed. But then maybe I am just too "old school" in my thinking.
- - - -
The Tizen project does not let you rsync (or anything else) their distribution source tree(s).
The Mer project does allow rsync (and provides a tool to do it for you, you just need to have an extra 7..10Gbytes handy to store it on).

For those who want their Kindle to act like a Samsung smartphone...
(Which is where the system api evidently came from, nearly everything else is Debian Wheezy/sid.)
And the Samsung stuff looks like it came from Google Android (see: Linux Poker above).

Arch Linux Arm (probably stripped down) is still in the running (in my mind anyway).

Edit: 05/12/2012
Tizen does allow you to mirror their download sub-domain.
22Gbytes downloaded now and still working on it.
It isn't as if they don't give you some reference material to read.
- - - -
Plus, they updated the SDK and SDK InstallManager in the midst of this effort to mirror (and fix) the SDK installation process.
Maybe their updates to that section of the download tree have already fixed the problems that started me off on this "file grab" trip.
- - - -
Here, I am writing about their "Application SDK" (no "Platform SDK" yet, long term, it isn't needed except by a very few).
This SDK comes in two flavors - an Eclipse Plug-In and a Web Interface.

Having the Application SDK available as a Web Interface is an important point for a Kindle Fan Site (such as this forum).

It gives the developer of the one (or few) small projects immediate access to the Application SDK - without the "installation handsprings" of getting a typical SDK installed locally (complete with editors that get the line endings wrong).

Last edited by knc1; 05-12-2012 at 02:12 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote