View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #14
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Indeed, Marie.

While I used extremes (also for humor), I did not realize my own statement was one of irony. I was merely interpreting Flyweight's post as addressing the irony of a person with strong beliefs in the tenets of the Bible then downloading an illegal copy. I attempted to make it plain that I understood that the OP (you, the Original Poster) had not expressed a specific intent to download illegally -- you were merely asking about the advisability of using the source.

I did not call anyone a prude or a "goody two-shoes", or suggest an inability to understand the actions of those who do not follow the tenets of any book, be it the Bible, or the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I was merely saying I understood Flyweight's suggestion of irony. I doubt Flyweight was making any suggestion of inappropriate action on your part, and was merely commenting on the irony of any random person who might download an illegal copy of a specific Book.

You got your answer, but then peeps started addressing Flyweight's humorous observation, and I did the same, in his support.

My comments really had nothing to do with whether or not you, yourself, specifically may or may not download an "illegal" copy of the Bible. After all, there are free Bibles in hotels and motels across the country. I can't imagine getting a copy from another source for free would raise eyebrows in the community.

However, ebooks from the "dark side" tend to be less than exemplar quality, which would be another reason to seek a "legal" copy.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote