View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #24
Gergith
Enthusiast
Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Your point is very vague and does not provide information. you should state exactly what is happening and not just say dismiss any prompts. I pointed out important information that needed to be clarified. The failing is definatly you not me for Clarifying the nature of the prompts.
What is your actual problem?

That I'm too ambiguous when I say:
"Ignore/dismiss ALL prompts. DON'T format it."

Which words do you not understand? I first say to ignore/dismiss all prompts.. ALL prompts. To format, to fly to the moon, to drive a car.. ALL prompts, cancel/dismiss them...

THAT should be enough on it's own... But instead, I have a second sentence EXPLICITLY stating "DON'T format it.". Did you not understand that sentence?

Did I not hold your hand tight enough during this guide?

If you do not have the technical skills to complete this mod, you shouldn't... I state that within my guide. This isn't a learners guide, this is for people who will do this even if I DIDN'T write the guide.

Logically speaking, WHY would you think it would be ok to format the SD card that came with your ebook?

Even if you weren't 100% certain if you could or not, why would you do it?

The ambiguity exists before I wrote the guide whether you could just throw a plain SD card in, or if you have to clone it....
Within my guide I clear up that ambiguity by stating in english "DON'T format it"... Should I have written that 5 times, bold, in the largest font size possible?

And to say that I don't clarify the nature of the prompts is fallacious....
"Ignore/dismiss ALL prompts. DON'T format it." within that quote, you'll notice the second sentence actually literally removes the ambiguity in regards to which prompts... It's not just ANY or ALL prompts, which ALL should be enough as ALL is EVERY... but the second sentence clarifies specifically that the Format prompts are the ones SPECIFICALLY to avoid... Not just ALL, but specifically DON'T format, which again is still within a subcatagory of "all prompts"...

To not read my guide fully, point out something already in my guide, and then claim it's MY fault for not spoon feeding my guide to you is RIDICULOUS!

If you don't like my guide, please leave and stop posting as you're not actually pointing out information... Your trying to convey information ALREADY IN MY GUIDE, as if I didn't have it in there simply because you don't have the reading comprehension level to actually understand what I've said.

I guess the best thing I could ask would be; Did I REALLY need to take a picture of me hitting cancel to the format prompt?

Were you just looking at the pictures and ignoring the written guide?

P.S.... Where's your less ambiguous guide?

[/END RANT]

Sorry... I just can't deal with people not actually being thankful for something, and instead demand I IMPROVE a free guide I wrote that wasn't actually wrong.

Thank you VERY much for everyone else for the positive feedback

All my friends in real life can't understand why I made this instead of just selling the moded Kobo on craigslist and kijiji ;-)
Gergith is offline   Reply With Quote