View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 03:21 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hi, Alex: Like you, I'm the old fashioned type and prefer standard print layout usually. Where long pars are involved, though, sometimes a little breathing space helps.

Many writers tend to use long-winded pars -- especially when they're on a roll -- and it ain't always necessary. When I come across this in my own editing work, I simply suggest how paragraphs can be effectively re-arranged to make life easier for the reader. It's very seldom that an author doesn't take the hint and see the benefit of the result.

Of course, I wouldn't suggest you actually re-structure a classic. That would defeat the object of faithfully reproducing a work as intended by its author.

To sum up, though, Alex: A lovely and successful download.

Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote