Thread: PRS-900 An Aussie's first reader
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Then in the Sony reader library I see I can get 100 free books but I have to register first. The link takes me to a registration page where I am apparently in the UK. Should I lie about this just to get free books? I have not registered it yet as I am unsure about it and there is no choice for Australia.

Don't fret... the free books are "classics" right? That means they are free no matter where you get them. Most of them you can d/l from the MR library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almas View Post
I have the same problem, the Sony software automatically opens up when I connect my reader but I just shut it down all the time. If there is a way to stop it from popping up everytime, I would love to know as well!
There is a daemon that Sony installed which watches for your reader to be connected. If you get the "autoruns" app from sysinternals.net you will be able to delete it from your registry. When you reboot your PC the daemon will no longer be running.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 04-10-2010 at 12:23 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote