View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 08:07 PM   #44
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Actually, there are a couple of decent office suites at the Play store. Softmaker, for one, and at least one OpenOffice derivative. And, of course, there's Office 365 and Google docs.

Quite workable, really.
Wouldn't be a primary justification for buying it--not with low end Win10 laptops in the same general $170 price range--but for occasional, supplemental use, it might justify the incremental cost.
I like the idea. I've got a nice Bluetooth keyboard that I can use with my Kindle 7 tablet (using JotterPad and QuickNote to make what I write available anywhere), but I have to carry the keyboard separately — so it's kind of a pain. (Not that I would use it much anyhow for this anyhow.) But you need a case anyhow, and it's kind of nice that you don't have to monkey with Bluetooth or carry the keyboard separately.

As for using a full-fledged Office Suite, I do everything in text anyhow (unless I want to "fancify" it — then I just move it to LibreOffice on a laptop or desktop).

I'm kind of surprised something like this is coming from B&N, considering their viability issues.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote