View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 06:21 PM   #34
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
You can also install the Play store to Fire tablets. But I do not care for Fire OS and so far as I know, you can no longer change the launcher.
It is not so clear that that installing Play store will always be possible:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3772362

I would not buy a Fire tablet and assume that you could install Play, or that it will continue to work indefinitely. Nor would I assume that .apks for whatever apps you want to use will work on Fire. And Amazon AppStore is pretty lame, there are a lot of popular apps that are not there and never will be.

On the other hand, if I were in the market for an Android tablet, it probably would not be something from B&N, given the trajectory of their NOOK division.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote