View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 06:32 PM   #26
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I guess I'm saying I don't feel I'm qualified to determine whether or not someone (or some work) deserves to be published. And as one who would prefer that there be no governing body that issues competency certificates in order to be allowed to publish a work, I'm perfectly willing to accept that many incompetent works may get published as a result. I see this as no particular hardship or hurdle to finding "good" books to read.
Okay--I can see that as a reasonable argument. If you don't want trade-publishers to be your gatekeepers, then sure, some or all of the slushpile is going to end up in stores. Can't help but do so.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote