View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 03:26 PM   #7
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Thanks for the impressions. Is your model the cellular version? If not, that would explain the lack of "grip" which really just might be the wireless antenna band like on the iPads..
That's exactly what it is (and my 32 3G has it).

Cellular signals can't get through metal, so a cutout is created in the case with a fill material in it (some sort of rubber, I guess) that can't exactly match the case material. The antenna goes behind that.

Some Apple laptops have this visible antenna cutout as well, though I believe it's in the hinge of my 2013 Air and in later MacBooks as well so it's well hidden. But you can't beat physics, so you'll be able to feel it no matter how well the designers covered it.

You can also see it in the "bands" on recent iPhones. The 7 and 8 did a better job of hiding the bands than the 6 did, but they're still there along the top and bottom edges.

Last edited by Buran; 11-01-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote