View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 03:46 AM   #68
sandsmark
sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasnost View Post
I have asked them about the availability of USB-otg connections - I prefer to type my documents, but the ability to mark up with low latency? Fantastic.
Not sure if you got an answer from our support people, but the unofficial answer is that the factory uses a usb barcode scanner (and they use the same usb hid protocol as usb keyboards) to program in the VCOM for the display etc., so OTG works.

However, there's no support for typing in text in the on-device application. Even more unofficial, we had live text synchronization from the desktop application to the on-device application working on our prototypes last summer, but we decided to remove it from the 1.0 release because of the added complexity (mostly UX) that comes with text editing.
sandsmark is offline   Reply With Quote