View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #53
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Not being a Python programmer myself, I find it workable enough.
I really like Python, but if you want to do some serious HTML parsing, you'll need to use external libraries such as Beautiful Soup. The older version, BS3, can be embedded, but the current version, BS4 is no longer embeddable.
You can do pretty much all that BS does with JavaScript without external libraries. (Python also has DOM manipulation libraries but unlike BS they can't handle Unicode.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
The main irritation factor with Python is the indention however, but I think that just needs getting used too...
Initially, I found it annoying, too, but you get used to it and it forces you to write structured code.
There are other things that I find much more illogical. For example, string slicing parameters:

Code:
word = 'Python' 
print word[0:2]
# prints Py not Pyt
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote