View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I had planned to read Wicked, but earlier this year I had an extremely hard time getting through Maguire's Confessions of a Wicked Stepsister, and now I'm hesitant to read anything else by Maguire. Confessions seemed remote--I couldn't get into any of the characters--and way too long--the added layers of plot seemed too weighty for the simple Cinderella story. I wanted to love it, and I didn't.

If anyone's read both Confessions and Wicked, how do they compare?
I've read both (Wicked first and then Confessions) and I didn't like Confessions as much. If I had read that one first, I don't think I would have read Wicked either.

I've read both Wicked and Son of a Witch and I liked them both much better than Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, which I had a hard time finishing. (It's been several years so I can't give you a better review than that -- just that I liked the Oz books and not the other one.)

I recently bought A Lion Among Men -- about the Cowardly Lion -- but I have not read it yet.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote