View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 12:34 PM   #38
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
If I did I could opt out by the simple means of not ever connecting my Paperwhite to the net.
Since I strip DRM from all my e-books and tend to edit them anyway (I don't like space between paragraphs), I never connect my e-reader to Wi-Fi. It hasn't been a challenge. In fact, I've learned I'd be willing to buy an e-reader that had no Wi-Fi capability at all.

Something to think about in all this: the javascript causing the uproar tracks amount of time spent reading. The usefulness of that is what you make of it.

But Amazon, Kobo, B&N or whoever already has a history of what books you have purchased and what books you have searched for, which seems like it would be of much more value.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote