Thread: Classic Page numbers on Nook & ePub
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #4
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Okay, I see what you mean. I'm of the other group I think. I would rather have it set so that the pages are equal to the device.
Bear in mind that the pages wouldn't be equal to 'the device', they'd be calculated dynamically based on your current font size and page orientation. If you always read in portrait and never change the font size then you'd be fine, the numbers would remain consistent.

As I've got older eyes I tend to jump around between font sizes depending on the ambient light level and how tired I'm feeling, so I like it that my page numbers stay the same.

It's also useful if you need to let someone else know which page to check, or if you want to continue reading a section on your desktop from where you left off. (Hush, Kindle users, we haven't all got Whispersync!)

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote