View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did not find The Loved One to be funny at all. It was a chore to get though it. I rated it 1 star on Goodreads. The only saving grace is the length. By the time I got to a point where I would normally have given up, I didn't have too much left to go so I persevered in case it got any better. It didn't.

Dennie Barlow was a momma's boy type. If his mother was living with him in the US and she owned a house, Dennis would be living in her basement.

Aimée Thanatogenos was a confused girl who had no idea what she wanted.

Mr. Joyboy was a mamma's boy and not all that nice.

The advice column team were worthless. They couldn't give advice on how to get out of a wet paper bag.

The rest were just fluff.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-20-2016 at 02:45 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote