View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #60
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
A story worthy of a long discussion on MR you mean?

In Apples defense, while the technology is there in quite a few phones, the technology is nearly non existent everywhere else. I've yet to see a place where one could actually use NFC for anything.
There is more than paying when it comes to NFC. I use it daily to automate tasks with NFC tags.

Leave home: a tap disables WiFi, changes volume settings and a few more tweaks.
Get in the car: a tap enables GPS and launches the Nav app. When I leave the car, a 2nd tap disables GPS.
Leave the office: one tap disables WiFi, changes a few other settings and sends an SMS to say "I'm on my way".

The possibilities are endless.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote