View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiekiduk View Post
I just received the $69 kindle today. It achieves the 15% faster page turns by not refreshing the whole page every page. It draws white text over the black text instead to clear it. It does this roughly 5 times before it redraws the whole page. Unfortunately the last 2 pages look rather grainy to me so I turned this feature off in Settings. Well in Settings you actually turn ON full page refreshes, it's off by default. As far as I know the K4 doesn't have this feature, even though it has the same software version.
I turned the feature off too on both my K4S but on the K4B I didn't see any ghosting like I had when I use it on my K4S but I need a full page refresh because my eyes doesn't like how the 6 page refresh works. It messes with my Dyslexia.

There is no speed difference in between the K4 versions.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote