View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #36
JaneFancher
Zealot
JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle2
Sigil ital code may be conflicting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Well I've been through this again and again. I cannot get embedded Italicized fonts to work no matter what I try. Figured at first something must be screwed with the Charis font files I was working with so I tried the Liberation fonts instead... same result. The regular font works when embedded but I cannot bold or italicize any words. If I remove the embedded font names from the CSS everything shows up as it should. If it matters I have been using Sigil to go the editting.
Total sympathy!

I'm no expert and I don't know that this will fix your problem, but if you're going from a Calibre created epub file and editing it in Sigil, you might have an extraneous code that looks like this

p.sgc-1 {font-style: italic}

in your Sigil html. This will be at the head of every file that contains italics and be reflected in a style call around the italicized words themselves.

This actually duplicates the ital CSS code put in by Calibre and seems to screw up the embeded font when viewed in some readers. I found I had to take out all references to this sgc code and then my font ital worked fine.

good luck!
JaneFancher is offline   Reply With Quote