View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Okay! Now that this is set up, a call for testing on KUAL!

I'd like to make sure I didn't break anything, namely:

* That it generally works as expected ;P
* But in particular, that buttons that launch stuff after killing KUAL actually work in every case. If you find something that doesn't work reliably, please tell me, with as much details as possible (button, extension, Kindle model, was the device busy at the time, do you have a large extensions folder, etc.)

In addition, I'd also like people to test running KUAL with gawk. You'll need both a KUAL snapshot, and gawk installed through the gawk extension (it'll pop an install button in the KUAL menu).
One quick way to check which awk version KUAL is using is by checking the version tag at the bottom: if you see ",a" after the date, you're running the default awk version, and if you see ",g", you're running GNU awk .
In my worst case scenario (a decent amount of extensions, but with quite a few heavy ones [ie. nearly all of mine ], with the fonts override menu from the K5 fonts hack fully populated), it roughly cuts the parsing time in two or more (the more complex it is, the better). So, for my K5 worst-case scenario mentioned earlier, it goes from 8.22s to 2.41s .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-18-2013 at 04:15 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote