View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 02:28 AM   #3
Rod Laird
Rod Laird began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm in GMT+10 on 0.7.26. I initially set up the scheduled time to be 0000hrs. Then I thought perhaps that Calibre may have seen this as the previous day and changed it to 0700hrs. Typically my machine is not running at either of these times, but Calibre does recognise un-triggered events and duly launches the queued downloads when it is itself launched. After previously having the same problem with the 0000hrs schedule, yesterday I set the daily items to 0700hrs.

This morning calibre launched on startup (about 0800hrs) and nicely fetched and sent the news to my Kindle. (Bloody marvelous) But the item dates were again set to the previous day - and so the Kindle dumped the new material in the back issues area.

Re-running the same items manually, re-downloaded and transferred items with the correct date. And all was hunky dory.

So it is not clear to me what is setting the downloaded item date... I could see not preference items that would set any timezone over-rides or anything related to time. (And could not see why they might be needed)

Again - an incredible programme. And apologies, Kovid, for the previous mis-appellation

Rod
Rod Laird is offline   Reply With Quote