Thread: Inkbook Explore
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 10:58 PM   #14
aduffbrew
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue LikeBook Plus T80S
Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
So....

* Android 4.4. Not the newest version (not 6.0 like some other), but new enough for my needs
I thought it was 4.22. 4.4 would be a vast improvement. I find 4.22 on my Likebook Plus to be a severely limiting factor using apps like Dropbox, etc. Not all apps allow moving to the SDcard partition.

If you really want access to additional apps via Android, Iím not sure 4.22 and 4.4 versions are all that viable now. Many apps have moved well beyond these OS versions so youíre stuck with older app versions. I mean, the Last compatible Kobo app is from 2015. Its pretty spartan compared to the current android app. Fast forward a year or two and it only gets worse. Iím thinking from a value standpoint, now that Android 6 is here and itís the last version of Android with all the required components for e-ink, thatís a bare minimum for android compatible readers now. Anything else guarantees a shorter lifespan.
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote