View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #46
Michael J Hunt
Enthusiast
Michael J Hunt is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Michael J Hunt is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Michael J Hunt is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Michael J Hunt is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Michael J Hunt is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Michael J Hunt is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Michael J Hunt is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Michael J Hunt is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Michael J Hunt is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Michael J Hunt is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Michael J Hunt is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
I mentioned that I couldn't do without my dictionary, and I really mean that. Whether it's a symptom of getting older (I won't use the word 'ageing') but I find that I struggle with even quite simple words that I'm sure I used to be able to spell without difficulty. Luckily, I have an in-built 'oddometer' (that is, a mechanism in the brain that spots when a word ' looks odd'); unfortunately, though, the mechanism doesn't always come up with the correct spelling.

I know some people don't bother about getting their spelling and grammar right for e-mails or forums, I always check for spelling and syntax before pressing send.

P.S. I like the editing button on this forum, since I always double-check after I've posted.

MJ
Michael J Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote