View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 11:31 AM   #94
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
It depends on what you call easier.

You have to have quite a bit of non-standard knowledge to be able to do what we're doing here. I'm not even talking about having the DeDRM tools installed, and the required knowledge and discipline to backup the library.

Also, you're jackassing around on a computer for an hour instead of going out and actually getting some books. In the past, I liked going into town to get books and other stuff, because I *could actually get what I wanted*, or order it and have it delivered in the store within a few days.

Nowadays, no-one ever has anything I want in stock, and bookstores tend to be *extremely* expensive. A paperback of a recently released novel can easily cost €20 or €25...

I love paper books, CD's, boxed games.... but there are just too many disadvantages compared to digital content to keep going that route. All disadvantages of digital content can be circumvented, but it requires knowledge and work.
Ah...see, I really actively dislike going to stores for any reason. Bookstores used to be the only exception to that, and that was only because I was rewarded with books at the end.

Now that I can get what I want from the comfort of my house, and I don't have to go into actual stores as often, I enjoy leaving my house much more than I used to. (I still need to go to B&M stores for most groceries, as I live too far away for Peapod or other delivery services)

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote