View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
While it's interesting I'm not convinced that it's worth paying the price tag to upgrade as I already own the first Paperwhite. I did pre-order one so I will be able to see in person any improvements without trying to see them while under a store's blindingly bright lights. I find that screens are a lot different to my eyes once I am outside the stores overhead lighting. I notice that previous Kindle screens look positively awful in stores, even worse if the touch screen devices have had a lot of handing.

Anyhow I pre-ordered one as a birthday present for my Mum who's default Kindle is a Kindle Touch. From KT to PW 2 is probably more worthy of the upgrade than PW 1 to PW 2.

As someone whose been actively addicted, as I admit fully, to eInk technology I would be interested in not only how books look but any performance improvements that might be present. I should be able to satisfy my curiosity when my Mum's PW is delivered.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote