View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #17
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Bought and now read. Not as good as the other two books I've read, but not bad either. It is a little dated, as any story written recently would depict the tech differently. The plot was a little weak — more Amazing Stories than Analog SFF. But it kept my attention enough to read it in a day.

I'll be getting more of his books as my TBR list allows.
I agree totally. For a book written in the 70s, the technology seems outdated now, and the book has no aspirations to great literature. It was meant purely as an exciting story, and I'm glad it seemed to work for you on that level.

I do like the character of Dev Korrell, though, and I've just started work on a long-delayed sequel called Spacer's Holiday. I'll have to keep it consistent with the first book, but I'll try to make it as modern as possible.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote