View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 11:12 AM   #31
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Either I'm missing the point, or this whole conversation feels a bit like a tempest in a teapot.

Everybody seems to be ignoring what I thought was the important point in that announcement: Selected readers receive a complimentary ebook (ARC) prior to publication date... So they are in fact, paying you for your data. Also, it seems to be something that would be used before proper release of major book to enable better marketing. Not something that would be stuck into every book sold, willy nilly.

I'm assuming nobody on here uses Facebook, GoodReads, Amazon, Gmail or a cell phone of any type?
Then there's this:

http://the-digital-reader.com/2015/0...cy-guidelines/

Similar 'tempest.' Much bigger 'teapot.' Part of the larger issue.

And, really, why wouldn't a vendor collect such data 'willy nilly,' if they could? What's to stop them if individuals don't opt out?
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote