View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #24
trekky0623
trekky0623 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
Brilliant. I use regex in a few places already in a very similar fashion to this, not sure why I didn't think of trying it that way.
I've uploaded a demo version for you to try at https://www.revensoftware.com/files/...1.35-win32.rar.
Let me know if it works for you (and still continues working for other books) and I will upload it as the main version if it does.
Thanks for your suggestion!
It seems to find the terms all right, but all of the positions are way off, and it can't be fixed with the offset because the error seems to increase the farther into the book I go. Further, it seems to be having a problem with names that have html tags in them, like so:

Code:
Something went wrong while searching for start of highlight.
Was looking for (or one of the aliases of): Galinda Upland (aka Glinda)
Searching in:
“Please, it is <i class="calibre10" aid="F8915">Ga</i>linda. The proper old Gil*likinese pro*nun*ci*ation, if you don’t mind.”
But it seems to be getting better in terms of the soft hyphens.

One idea I just had is that, in Notepad++, which is the only thing I can use to create proper chapter markers, it counts certain characters like the soft hyphen as 2 characters. I have no idea why, but that did cause me some trouble in making chapter files at first.

Last edited by trekky0623; 11-24-2014 at 06:47 PM.
trekky0623 is offline   Reply With Quote