View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 06:27 AM   #141
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Hello, great tips here in this thread!

One (ok, actually two) question I have:

1) Is there some kind of a program that allows you to backup the content of your Kindle Fire on a PC?

Something like ITunes, where I can have all the apps I downloaded from the marketplace but am not currently using saved on the PC, to install them again when needed?

Am not sure how the license policy on Android devices works, so if it is possible to load an bought app to a certain device and backup that app, includng the license?

I am aware that I could do this for amazon-bought content from the "cloud" simply by connecting via wireless, but right now I can not buy any apps from the amazon marketplace as European user.

2) Can I access other marketplaces from my kindle without rooting it?

I am looking at other marketplaces (e.g. Android market) that might allow people outside of the US to buy apps (preferably without rooting the Kindle).

And if I do, is it a big issue if I do root my Kindle?

Best regards,
Andy
ES File Explorer will back up your apps into apk files using its apps manager. They are just like setup EXE files well basically they're executable zip files. I back up mine to Dropbox this way.

Without rooting the Fire there is no way to have offical Market access due to it needing google framework installed.

There are other markets you can install. See this thread here

Amazon apps are the only ones I know with DRM on it. So you can't transfer them without having access to the App Store but I had to side load Mantano which I bought from Amazon but it works just fine on my Fire.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-23-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote