View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 11:25 AM   #70
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
Is there a way to use Goldendict/aard2 to look up words in a reading app that allows control of the screen refresh? I'm assuming Alreader X doesn't allow that either?

Battery life on the Libra 2 is also significantly worse using Koreader compared to the native software..
AlReaderX has incorporated in its latest versions a mode to force the screen refresh, in principle compatible with any device (the minimum is every 5 pages). In my opinion it is too abrupt and I don't use it, but it works on Tolino devices.

Goldendict and Aard2 refresh the screen when you scroll the screen (it also happens when you scroll through the AlReaderX configuration menus, in fact this is the option I use when I want to refresh the screen).

I think the only reading application that allows screen refresh is Tolino's own, with which you can't directly open Goldendict/Aard 2. (I use them in a hidden drop-down bar, but you have to enter the word to search for manually). There is an older version of AlReader (without X) that allowed screen refresh on Tolino devices, but I don't know if it works on the latest devices. Maybe someone else can tell you.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote