View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Great! That's what I need.
The fact that it worked bothered me. I know that calibre caches book data in memory. The cache should prevent the content server from seeing database changes, but it clearly does see them. After some poking around, I found that if the content server is running separately from the GUI, then it checks the modification time of the DB on each web request. If the DB has been changed, the content server refreshes its in-memory caches before processing the request.

Clearly Kovid anticipated running the content server on a DB that can change.

It is nice knowing that something works by design instead of by accident.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote