View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Surprisingly enough, it just works, at least on Win7. I am surprised because I thought that the content server would have the DB open and locked.

My experiment:
0. Calibre and library both on C:. No dropbox or other synchronizer.
1. Start calibre. add 'abook' to a custom column. One book has that value
2. Quit calibre.
3. Start content server with restriction 'abook'. I see one book.
4. Start calibre. No lock errors.
5. Refresh content server page. No lock errors. Still one book.
6. Add 'abook' to a second book in calibre.
7. Refresh content server. Now I see two books.
8. Added a new book with the abook tag. Now I see three books in the content server.
9. Deleted the new book. Now I see two books in the content server.

I assume from the experiment that at least on Win7, SQLite does not set locks, which allows calibre and the content server to share the library. This is safe, because the content server does not change the DB.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote