View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #1621
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
What do people think the minimum age recommendation for reading the Dreseden files series is?
My son is 12 and a voracious reader, but this series seems too adult (referring to sexual content and torture scenes etc) for his age, but not sure when is appropriate to allow him to read it.

I know he could understand and process it though, just concerned about the adult concepts.
I think it depends on the kid. I was reading anything I could get my hands on at 12, including Mickey Spillane, Ian Fleming and Robert B Parker. My brother was an avid reader and was 10 years older than me. So when I wanted something to read, I grabbed something from his shelves.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote