View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #12
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Cuckoo by Richard Wright is $.99. I'm not sure if this is a permanent reduction or not, but I think it was more than this before. It was originally published by small press, Hard Shell Word Factory, in 1999. I read it then and it is still one of my favorites. Really creepy with lots of twists.

Quote:
Greg Summers knows the answers to the questions. Until one day he returns home to discover that his wife no longer recognises him; that his wife is married to another man called Greg Summers.

Perhaps it is an elaborate hoax, yet that wouldn’t explain the vivid flashbacks to his childhood, or the violent eruptions of blood that accompany them. Nor does it explain the stray memories that seem to belong to an entirely separate man called Richard Jameson.

One of these men is a lie, and neither wishes it to be he. On the run from a creature that cannot exist, his comfortable truths shattered, Greg finds his whole knowledge of the world questionable. If he does not know himself, what can he trust himself to know?

Greg Summers and Richard Jameson are about to discover that the fight to survive is all in the mind...
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote