View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
MrB
Very Slow Learner
MrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Don't pay any attention to kindlegen's temporary locations.
Good - that was confusing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Are you trying to embed fonts (in the source ePub)? It sounds like there might be an issue with an @font-face statement in your CSS file.
Yes. I have been using the same file as the basis for both an e-pub edition and a kindle edition. I needed to embed a particular font (Lucida Handwriting) for it to appear in ADE and have not removed it for the kindle version. I use it only once in the book, in an unordered list, so my code has been:

@font-face {
font-family: "Lucida Handwriting";
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src:url(../Fonts/LHANDW.TTF);
}

and

ul {
font-family: "Lucida Handwriting", "Bradley Hand", Serif;
font-weight: normal;
font-size: 100%;
text-indent: 0;
margin: 2em;
}

If you can suggest any improvements they'll be welcome.

Well, I was about to post and then I thought I'd check whether the font appears in the kindle previewer. It does in kindle fire & touch but not in any other device. But of greater concern is that it is only in Fire & Touch that the text appears as a list (in iPad & iPhone the items all appear together to form a paragraph with a bullet point next to the first word).

Where am I going wrong?
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote